Intel or AMD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, i'm not joking, I think the guy is out of his mind, but look at the product, the guy said they used improper english, etc. lol..

Dude, 87% of the reviews are 4 or 5 stars. And you aren't supposed to read Newegg reviews, they're about as reliable as your average joe on the street.

Don't question the motherboard. Its an updated version of the vanilla P5B with certain traits of the P5B Deluxe/WF that's basically a darling in the overclocking world. This is the new "Mid-Range" overclocking motherboard, replacing the DS3.

I don't know what this is all about...Intel's Core 2 chips are bloody expensive, and I don't see how they "crush" AMDs current offerings. Yeah, they beat 'em, but not by enough to warrant the price difference.

AMD takes better care of its customers, and with Intel's prices on their CPUs, I think about as highly of them as I do Alienware.

I was a big fan of Intel, but when I see a 1000+ price tag on a processor when I could get a screamin' fast one for less than 300 by AMD, who am I gonna pick?

I'm guessing hitch, you never actually compared the Intel Core 2 Duo Extreme processor to an AMD processor for "less than 300 bucks"?

I, too, was an AMD fan boy before this topic, and not to just jump on the gang wagon, I always knew Intel's Core 2 Extreme chip was practically the best out there, and yes the price is a bit high, but the thing is.. People are buying that processor, so Intel doesn't exactly need to drop the price *yet*.

If you read through this topic, you will be a mini me, I was an AMD fanboy and now I'm sided over to Intel.

Also, let me inform you that before I tweaked my cpu build, I costed about $1500. Then I switched out the motherboard and the processor. I went from some ASUS motherboard (forgot which one) and an AMD Athlon 64 x2 2.4GHz 4800+ becaues newegg removed it from the site on me and I was forced to switch, glad that happened.

Basically, Intel won on this one, and because your an AMD fanboy you don't want to admit it, thats why you say "but when I see a 1000+ price tag on a processor when I could get a screamin' fast one for less than 300 by AMD, who am I gonna pick?".

I am sure you haven't taken personal benchmarks, have you even looked at ones on the internet? Look through this topic, you'll find a link to benchmarks.

I have seen the benchmarks...all I am saying is that for the price range, AMD wins out. I know that in an all out battle, Core 2 Duo wins, its not even questionable. Price is the key here.

hitchface said:
I have seen the benchmarks...all I am saying is that for the price range, AMD wins out. I know that in an all out battle, Core 2 Duo wins, its not even questionable. Price is the key here.

A 1.86Ghz Core 2 Duo E6300 that costs $180 is faster than an Athlon 64 X2 4600+, the OEM version of which costs $280 at Newegg. A 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo E6600, that costs $308 is so fast, that AMD has NO COMPETITION for it. Not even the $700 2.8Ghz AMD FX-62 can touch the E6600, which is way less than half the price.

You wanna talk about Intel's 2.93Ghz $980 X6800 processor? This processor is so fast, that it would take a 3.65Ghz Athlon 64 X2 to beat it. They currently don't, and probably never will, even MAKE an Athlon 64 that runs at that clockspeed with the current architecture.

As if that wasn't enough; the aforementioned 1.86Ghz Core 2 Duo E6300 that costs $180 has the capability to overclock to around 3.5Ghz, or higher, in the right hands. Lets see here, if the 2.93Ghz X6800 is so strong, how fast would a 3.5Ghz E6300 be? Well, it would take a 4.3Ghz Athlon 64 to match this processor. For reference, no Athlon 64, air cooled or under liquid nitrogen, overclocked or not, has EVER reached a speed of 4.3Ghz.

And you get that from Intel's $180 processor.

You were saying?

Thank you TriEclipse. I had a smile on my face the whole time :D

Very well put. I wonder if that guy will argue that :)

good job, I even learned a lot from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom