Multiple Desktops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzvii

Baseband Member
Are there any programs that let you have more than just one desktop without having dual monitors?

Thats not how it works... You NEVER have 2 desktops... *IF you had Dual Monitors, you would only have 1 Single Desktop stretched across 2 screens.

jolancer said:
Thats not how it works... You NEVER have 2 desktops... *IF you had Dual Monitors, you would only have 1 Single Desktop stretched across 2 screens.
Not true.

Go here and download the Virtual Desktop Manager. Once installed, right click on the taskbar and open it up.

It will allow you to run multiple desktops, but the only thing that I don't like about it is that it's not live. You can preview all 4 desktops at once, but have to load them first. You will see what I'm saying once you install it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

OpticalIllusion said:
Not true.

Go here and download the Virtual Desktop Manager. Once installed, right click on the taskbar and open it up.

It will allow you to run multiple desktops, but the only thing that I don't like about it is that it's not live. You can preview all 4 desktops at once, but have to load them first. You will see what I'm saying once you install it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
Is there a way to make it so it is like it is using that program, but also have a different desktop (Like the folders and shortcuts that are on one desktop aren't on the other)?

so you can have more then 1 virtual desktop aparently by using such programs.... BUT What the **** would be the point of doing so?

For ease of use. One desktop you have a movie going, one your checking your email, and on another your browsing the internet.

tzvii said:
For ease of use. One desktop you have a movie going, one your checking your email, and on another your browsing the internet.

You going to have to be more specific... because you can do all that with ONE desktop.

Organization. On my linux PC's I have 4 virtual desktops. One for any torrents/whatever I'm downloading. 1 for e-mail 1 for a browser. And the 4th for whatever. Its nice because I'm not clicking through the task bar all the time I just bring up a different desktop to see what I want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom