Planing on purchasing core 2 duo laptop...Dell, Toshiba or Sony??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hi...

Im planning on purchasing a new core 2 duo laptop....

Iv found some deals on amazon.com for toshiba laptops...(and some sony ones too...)....but which is better?? Sony, Toshiba or Dell??

My budget is somewhere near 1000 USD.....If im not mistaken, if found laptops that range between 1.6 and 1.86 GHZ, 1 to 1.5 gb ram, and 60 to 120 gb HD...

I can always customize a laptop from scratch..(Dell's website offers that...and toshiba too...)

(one thing though....the toshiba laptops almost all come with TruBrite screens...while it will cost around 130 USD to include that option in your dell laptop when customizing!!:S

Nways...i guess deciding first which one is better before going for specs....Personaly, i liked toshiba most...but im no expert...(and iv never used any of the 3)

10x....

Dell are junk IMO. Let sony stick to their little funboxes :)

Id get a Toshiba if you found that good of a deal on them with a C2D

I'd say to get a Dell. I really like their Inspiron E1505, and might get one myself. It includes TrueLife also, in the standard display :). $994 for;

* 2.00Ghz Core 2 Duo.
* 1GB DDR2-533.
* 120GB 5400RPM HDD.
* Upgrade to UltraSharp™ WXGA+ (1440×900) display.
* Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium.

Not something I'd mind having.

The Sony VAIO C-series is also nice, but it starts at the top of your budget. ;)

that dell tri suggested sounds really nice

i woudl chose it, my dad got something like that and it is fast as ****

Im not one to reccomend dells as i have stayed away from dell as much as possibe and said they were crap, but..............as of 3 days ago i bought one. I reccomend the dell e1505 very highly now, i configured mine with the core 2 duo 2.0 ghz, 80 gb 7200prm HD, 1 gig ram and the ATI X1400. I also got the audigy sound card. Slapped a coupon on thet baby and got it for $1082 with tax and all. So far ive played wow, sims 2, morrowind, and battlefield 2. I will be testing half-life 2 and counter strike today when i get home. WOW plays very good with high-medium to high settings. It just killed the sims 2 no contest, perfect. To my surprize it actually played battlefield 2 with medium settings!!! and it played it well, around 28-33fps.

It multitasks like a beast does pretty much everything lightning fast and the screen looks insane also. Downsides are mine only has 80GB HD (because i wanted to save money), the screen sometimes doesnt come back on after you close and open the lid, and you have to remember to set the graphics proformance to optimal when not plugged in in catalyst, otherwise your games will play like crap when your playing on battery. It doesnt boot up in record times either, but its not like it takes forever.

Like i said im not a fan of dells, but it looks like ive ade an exception. This model of dell is a steal in my eyes. google dell coupons and get the one for 20% off over $999 purchases, i saved $255. Theres also a $62 service option under the protect my investment tab that i unchecked and saved $62 (up to you weather or not you want a warrenty, as for me i can live without)

All in all this is the best bang for your buck, it totally kills and is smokin fast. if you dont want to spend alot get this one......

...bu If you have the money you might could go with toshiba, but when i looked at them they all seemed too high, and i would advise just staying away from sony.

Sony would be my top choice here but they're expensive as heck and with a $1k budget I think your oney would be best spent customizing a nice Toshiba. Make sure you choose a good video card if you'll be playing games.

When it comes to desktops dell shad a lot of cheap crappy ones. but their laptops are very nice, ive had nothing but good experience with them over the years. they are tough and reliable. at my school we just got some latitude 650. they are core duo and they are Vista, they are sweet machines, and handle most tasks fine.

alienware is were its at for performance in gaming. There fully customizable just like dells but there just pure performance. I love mine, got an ati x1800 and a 2.0ghz core 2 duo with a gig of memory and this thing fly's. I havent found a game I couldnt play at max settings. Plus its got a nice 17inch screen so its no tiny picture either ;). Just giving you another option to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom