Crossfire or SLI? & AMD or INTEL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fayt19 said:
so anyone know rather 8800GTX is worth like 700 dollars or would just a X1900XTX or w/e its called be worth it?

Read my last post i edited it sorry for the confusion

Edit: 8800GTX is a Directx 10 card. Dont you have to have vista for that?

no you dont need vista to use the 8800 you can use it in anything it just will render in dx9 and when you get vista it will be dx10 ready!
(if you can get an 8800 its alot better than the X1900XtX)

when does the Quad's come into the world?

Edit: Well i mean is it worth the extra like 300-400 dollars to go from a 1900XTX to a 8800?

Fayt19 said:
Well i mean is it worth the extra like 300-400 dollars to go from a 1900XTX to a 8800?

In my opinion, no. The X1900XTX will run anything on high-max settings now, and pretty much for the following months. By the time the card is outdated, there'll be $300 cards that beat the 8800. Maybe even better, who knows.

If you have money to spare, and want/need the bragging rights, then sure, go for it.

ok so its settled, now all i need is a case for all this and i think i got my new computer. Any suggestions?

keyser09 said:
Dude if you want to go with amd wait till their quad cores they will once again make intel their *****es on lease's for a long mother ****ing time hahahhahaa

I'm getting a bit tired of your noob AMD fellatio. AMD's 65nm K8L Dual and Quad Core processors come out in Q3 2007. In the EXACT SAME QUARTER, Intel's 45nm processors come out. The difference in performance is going to be larger than it is right now with the Conroe and Athlon 64. AMD's K8L processors will be clocked at 2.0-2.9Ghz, while Intel's 45nm processors will be clocked at 3.5-4.0Ghz. K8L is going to, at best, tie the Core 2 Duo for performance. What do you think Intel's going to do in the meantime? Sit on it's ***? No, the 45nm processors are going to again have architectural improvements. So architectural improvements + Much faster clock speeds = A crushed AMD.

Eat that.

ok so im getting a E6600, 8800GTX, and that one motherboard. Could someone help me out on a cheap case? And im thinking of overclocking and getting DD2 800 if its worth it.

So any help with this? Im waiting for Tax time to get all this stuff and out of that like i said i have about 1500-1700 to spend. them 3 things are about 1100-1200 so i still have 400-500 for memory and a case.

Edit: I also need help with a PSU that will run an 8800 and everything overclocked.

Memory.

Power Supply.

Just look through here for a case that you like. Post it on here so we can confirm that it's a good pick.

This memory is actually a bit better, as well as cheaper, but I don't think the price is going to stay that low for long. If you can buy it soon, then go for it, but if the price goes up again, then go with the one I linked above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom