Upgrade to Conroe need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

suicide007

In Runtime
Heres the deal:
-Im 15
-I game for about 20 hours a week.
-I cant run the newest games anymore (at least not well)
-My Christmas budget should be around $500.
-My birthday is Jan. 8, so that should be an extra $250.

So, i have about $750 to work with. I want Conroe. Which means a new cpu, mobo, and possibly ram. I also want a dx10 video card. Its gonna be hard to squeeze all three of them in $750. So i have some options.

A:
get a cheap conroe cpu, mobo, and the cheapest g8800 for christmas/bday.

B:
Save all the Christmas/bday cash, and combine it with the money im getting from my summer job (lifeguarding...lol.)(I made +$1600 last summer, and im hoping for almost twice that this year.) and get a really nice setup.

C:
Just get a huge widescreen lcd monitor and a video ipod for Christmas and bday and save up my summer cash for Conroe/dx10, and possibly wait for the next batch of dx10 cards to come out.

D:
Be happy with what I have and stop spending all my cash on my PC. (not gonna happen)

Just post which one you think i should do. Or give me another option. In fact, i think im gonna make this into a poll.

Extra info:
My problem in the past has been upgrading my pc one part at a time, forcing myself to buy new parts that would work with my old parts, which has held me back, and left me with limited options. Im trying to break that cycle. And im stuck in AGP world right now. It isnt exactly a party.

O, and what is the best bang for the buck conroe out there? Let me reword that: whats the best one in a reasonable ( or SLIGHTLY above reasonable) price range.

Thanks for your input. (unless you dont post)

Wheres D: all of the above?

I would go with B. Maybe put more off to the side for college and or a Car.
Your current setup is good for now. Maybe preparing for Crysis?

If you want to play new games at nice unlaghish settings. Than Option B.
It Shall be well worth the wait. It will give you time to do reasearch.

Now that I think about it, Im leaning more and more towards C. My pc already pwns all of my friend's pc's, but my monitor stinks like poo, and whenever they come over theyre all like not as impressed as they should be cause of the white monitor sitting on my desk. I could go with C, and then add some led's and stuff. Yea. I just might...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom