Crossfire or SLI? & AMD or INTEL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that first one really good? im really newbish to INTEL ive always loved AMD but i was always told INTEL sucks AMD owns it blah blah blah so like i said im ignorant to stuff like this.

What makes it so good compared to other ones?

AMD was better than Intel up until md-'06, but then Intel released their Core 2 Duo processors which pretty much wiped the floor with the Athlon 64s. Neither company sucks, but I couldn't see much reason for going with AMD right now.

The first one is one of the best motherboards out there, and an EXCELLENT overclocker, sure to get the maximum out of your processor. The one-step-lower is also an excellent overclocker. Its not as good as the P5B-Deluxe/WiFi-AP, but compared to pretty much everything else, it's a no-brainer. Which one you should get just depends on you how much you can spend on a motherboard.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot why they're good. The thing that makes a motherboard good is the build quality. Things like the chipset stability, etc, are also large factors in determining the "overclocking goodness" of a motherboard. Both of those can reach FSBs of 500Mhz while overclocking, enough to push most processors to their limit. The P5B-Deluxe/WiFi-AP can get even higher than 500Mhz in some cases.

Well all this good at overclocking sounds good and all but i dont know how to do all that stuff. i read that its easy to do but i should get a heatsinker for it.

Is there good Memory for this motherboard? If its good at overclocking should i get overclocked memory?

Its not that hard to overclock, come back when you build it and we can show you guides, or just simply explain how to do it. An aftermarket heatsink would be nice, but not if you aren't going for a crazy overclock.

Any memory (DDR2) should work with that motherboard. DDR2-667 is recommended for small overclocks, and DDR2-800 recommended for larger ones.

Fayt It all depends on how much you want to try to OC it to. You could OC it to about 2.6 I think on stock Heatsink and fan and 667mhz DDR2.
If you plan on going farther though you have to up the voltage of the chip which makes it run hotter, thus leaves you to buy an aftermarket fan. They are about 30 bucks for a good one. You would also need DDR2-800 RAM which is about 20-30 bucks than 667 more for 1GB. So in the end you'd spend about as much as it costs to buy an E6400 but clocking up to 3.6ghz with the might Mobo.

it all depends on what you want to do.

DDR2-800 have a cas latency of 4-5 isnt that bad? i usally see memory with 2-3.

Whats the "best bang for the buck" for the DDR2-800?

I dont think I would mind overclocking my rig for a little more to get the best out of what im buying.

So far im getting:

ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP

INTEL core 2 duo E6600

I dont know what memory i should get or what Videocard i should get. I want to get the best performance.

BTW I really appreciate all this help you guys are giving me

The standard of all DDR2 memory is 4-5. Your used to seeing 2-3 becuase DDR memory such as DDR-400 has an average of 2-3. This is fine though its normal.

so anyone know rather 8800GTX is worth like 700 dollars or would just a X1900XTX or w/e its called be worth it?

Read my last post i edited it sorry for the confusion

Edit: 8800GTX is a Directx 10 card. Dont you have to have vista for that?

Dude if you want to go with amd wait till their quad cores they will once again make intel their *****es on lease's for a long mother ****ing time hahahhahaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom