Crossfire or SLI? & AMD or INTEL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayt19

In Runtime
Hello I am currently trying to build a computer for pure gaming. I am rather ignorant to specifics such as amd vs intel and rather to go crossfire or sli.

So could someone help me out a little plz? I want to beable to play the following games at max settings at only 1024 or 1248 with GOOD FPS:

Battle field 2014 (w/e it is sorry = \)
Oblivion
Might and magic: Dark Messiah(Steam game)
Battlefield 2

The questions i would like to know are:

AMD or INTEL?

SLI or CrossFire?

I was thinking of using 2x Geforce 7900GT but idk, all and all i want to spend about $1700 USD.

If I could get some other peoples suggestions that would be great. Thanks

SLI and CrossFire are not worth it in my opinion. Intel seems to have the upper hand over AMD right now.

Get a Intel Core 2 Duo E6600, 2GB ram, and a single 7950GT or X1900GT. That should be enough.

X6800, 8800GTX 2gb dominator(ohh crap theirs your budget) anyways take it this way get a E6600, 8800gtx/x or a 7950 for now as for SLI you shouldn't worry about it much since on some games it has no performance gains, except in some rare SLI games where sli "could" increase performance by up to 80% or for Quad SLI on FEAR performance increases by 300%. but as of right now go intel, nvidia, sli and your set for now if you want tave money just get a 8800gts instead of dual 7950s

I LIKE AMD I AM STATING THIS AS AN OPINION IM NOT SAYING ITS BETTER BUT AM SAYING I LIKE AMD and i would go with sli i dont like redaon

Just because you like AMD doesn't mean that he should buy their processor. I like AMD too, but I wouldn't be caught dead buying their processors right now, not when there is something better, for cheaper, out there.

As for the sli issue its such a waste its not even funny. Theres only 2 circumstances which I would go SLI or crossfire. Say I Payed 150 for a new 7900GS at a good price on a budget, maybe 2 months later i want to upgrade but dont want to spend 250 or so on a new card. I'd just SLI my current one to make it close to equal the performance for about 70-100 bucks cheaper. Or if you have nothing else better to upgrade if you making a top-end PC and you already have the best card.

Thanks for the tips guys so INTEL is something i should go. What is a really good Motherboard for INTEL?

Edit: what Videocard should i get? I want to play the games i listed perfectly at max setting and no lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom