Nvidia Taking Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, how are we advancing in computer technology if the same principle is being used "bigger is better"

I honestly think that the G80 is good enough already IT CAN HANDLE CRYSIS!!

why would you need anything more expensive and better than that?
0_o

Goodness gracious, i mean my whole goal this year is to make my comptuer handle crysis.

lets keep in mind here that the G80 is not a true dual core gpu... the R600 will be the first, ATi will carry the day.

imo (btw i am clairvoyant (sp?)) amd/ati will steamplow intel and nvidia in about a year maybe a year and a half (in the gaming sector) because they will be focusing on nothing but gaming. intel will still be bigger, but we dont care about them putting cpus in the boxes our mildly techno-retarded parents buy... we care about frames per second, and that is what amd/ati are in the business of making.

intel and nvidia released their PSUDO-quadcore cpu and PSUDO-dualcore gpu because when amd and ati release the real thing, its going to make intel/nvidia's sak shrink (by comparison)

*the G80 does look sick though :D

cwiz said:
lets keep in mind here that the G80 is not a true dual core gpu... the R600 will be the first, ATi will carry the day.

The G80 doesn't pretend to be a Dual Core. And no one said it was.

And where'd you get that the R600 with be Dual Core?

cwiz said:
imo (btw i am clairvoyant (sp?)) amd/ati will steamplow intel and nvidia in about a year maybe a year and a half (in the gaming sector) because they will be focusing on nothing but gaming. intel will still be bigger, but we dont care about them putting cpus in the boxes our mildly techno-retarded parents buy... we care about frames per second, and that is what amd/ati are in the business of making.

What a load of crap. :D Being clairvoyant isn't good enough around here, you've gotta back it up with facts.

Fact is; AMD likes gaming, but knows that it's going to fall flat on it's face if it focuses on it. What little marketshare AMD has isn't because of the gaming sector, its because of the corporate arena and their unchallenged Opteron 800s and HyperTransport Bus. I don't get your point about ATi since it and Nvidia are both mainly in the gaming business already. But AMD isn't getting ahead anytime soon.

cwiz said:
intel and nvidia released their PSUDO-quadcore cpu and PSUDO-dualcore gpu.

Pseudo-quadcore? Do you even know what native and non-native are? And who cares? Its 4 cores, in one CPU, that I can hold in my hand. As far as most of the world is concerned, that's a Quad Core right there. And it performs, better than anything else out there (Which is...nothing? Hmm, if AMD's so great, then where the h*ll are they?).

Its only when people pretend to have crystal balls that riles me up. I have absolutely no problem with being corrected, as long as whoever is correcting me provides an ounce of proof.

I lied. Its that, and when people pretend that AMD is teh hax0rz when it's getting owned. Credit where credit is due - Athlon 64s were great. But its not 2005 anymore, and there's something better out now.

So wait? AMD and ATI are both working on the R600?

And Intel and Nvidia both made the G80?

I never knew this :eek:

But still i am going to have to give it to Nvidia, they got it out first and its the sickest card out. I couldnt imagine ATi coming out with something way better.

I cleaned up the thread. Let's keep it clean.

If anyone disagrees with someone else, fine... express that without being a phallus.

Don't knock The Inquirer. While it is true that they sometimes run with the ball before they have all the details, they also break stories way before others even know that the story is there.

Oh, and the two SLI thingies are for running SLI plus a physics board.

maroon1 said:
Most of news that come from "theinquirer" is not true.

theinquirer once said that X1800xt will have 32 pipeline, but when it came out it had only 16 pipes

The same thing to 7900GTX, they said that it will have 32 pipes, but when it came out it had only 24 pipes

So, I don't trust theinquirer, and I don't agree that R600 will be better than G80.

You need just to wait and see benchmarks that compare R600 with G80

Also, don't forget that nvidia might release 8900 when R600 comes out
I smell the reek of fanboy that hasn't showered in at least several weeks.

The R600 WILL have 512-bit GDDR4 memory and it WILL have at least 1gb of VRAM. It's core clock speed will also be most likely 1ghz or more. These basic specs have been confirmed by many other sources than theinq. And AMD/ATI already has testing units.

The fact of the matter is, from the looks of it, the card will eat the G80 for breakfast. Although as already pointed out, we can't be sure about anything until there are actual benchmarks out.

LOL @ the comment of nvidia coming out with the "8900". The X900 (where X= 7 or 8) series cards that nvidia releases are just refreshes of the X800 cards. To bring the G80 up to spec of the current status of the R600, nvidia would pretty much have to release a 9800, which won't be happening for a while. I am not an ATI fanboy and I own all nvidia cards, but I just find it so annoying that 90% of the people here always dismiss ati and say "OMG TEH NVIDIA PWNZORZ T3H ATI11!!!!!!11!!!!11!!2"

alexsabree said:
I couldnt imagine ATi coming out with something way better.
Why not? Because you think nvidia is better than ATI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom