Help find lost partition thanks to partition magic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldon

Solid State Member
Ok.. I give up I need some help with this...

Several Problems!

I installed Partition Magic and Boot magic...

I have one 160 GB hard drive and since my PC is an Acer the drive came partitioned when I got it for two 80's
SO...
I installed Partition Magic and tried to partition the second one and it said it did and had to restart... now it's gone and I cannot find it or the other. I just have my C drive. So I am "missing" 80 GB of space, how do I find it and all the files on it???

I also installed Boot Magic which now dual boots my pc... how the heck do I stop it from doing that ?? I only have one OS and that's all I want now and there was nothing on the second one so...

Everything screwed up so I figured I would just do a system restore to a couple of days ago before I installed any of it... so all it did was remove my access to the Partition Magic and Boot Magic because they were installed on my second partition... bad I know...

So can anyone please help me with this???
I want the boot magic to stop from offering the dual boot since I dont have access to the program anymore and I want my "missing" stuff.

Please help!

Eldon said:
I installed Partition Magic and tried to partition the second one and it said it did and had to restart... now it's gone and I cannot find it or the other. I just have my C drive. So I am "missing" 80 GB of space, how do I find it and all the files on it???

What did you do exactly?
You had 2 partitions (80+80)?
Did you delete the second one? Or did you format it?

Yes I had two 80's and I didnt delete or format it to my knowlege...

I mean I have one 160GB and it was split so I dont understand why I cant just get it back and get rid of that bootmagic without the program

we are trying to understand what you did. we can help you but you are not being clear in explaining your problem. me and the major are the PM kings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom