computer only boots once in a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joslow420

Solid State Member
I have had this problem where it takes many tries to get my pc to boot. When I push the power button everything turns on (hard drive light stays on, fans turn on, etc.) but it will not boot. Sometimes I have to kill the power and try it again many times. Any suggestions as to what this may be?

I already changed the cmos battery, no luck.

Thanks for any input!
Josh

It could be your Power Supply Unit (PSU) isn't pumping enough juice to run your system at an acceptable rate and it might have to be replaced. (What is the wattage on the PSU?)

Did you install any new hardware recently?

or

It could be the power switch istself is going bad see if you can find a way to test it.

Let us know what goes on.

It is a 330W power supply. I have not installed any new hardware in a long time, so I know it is not that. This literally just started one day and has been a problem ever since. The only trouble that I ever have is on the initial startup, once it boots I'm all set.

Once in a great while it will start on the first try. Usually I have to hit the power button, see if it boots, if not, kill the power and try again until I start to boot.

Any more ideas?

try talking to your computer it may be depressed ..j/k :)
CUSA sale a PS test tool or reduce the load on the PS and try it

lol maybe it just needs more attention. Well I'll try unplugging some things and see what happends..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom