which 7600gt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First let me ask, are you trying to budget for a new system? becuase the 7600GTS is the EXACT same core structure. But if yuo want a 7600GT then id go with the eVGA since all 760GT's are the same, some were just OC'd by the manufacture. But once again if you dont care about price then pick the black one if it fits your setup.

nah no budget.

i had an xfx card in my old build and then i had a noname for my previous one when i had an mx400. it was severely outdated until i decided to build a new rig. the 6600le is holding up for most of the games i'm playing, but i want a step up. i was going to go for a 7900gt, but im gonna wait for a while before i spend tons of cash on a vid card like that. im just gonna save a hundred and get the 7600gt with 12pl's...triple the one i have now.

technically i have a 512mb RAM stick in my PC right now, but the day i ordered it off of newegg, i glanced at it and didnt make sure i got the right one. when it arrived i noticed it was PC2700 (ddr333 instead of ddr400, pc3200). so its only picking it up as 256 instead of 512. o well. next paycheck im gonna get 512 x2. only this time im gonna go over what i ordered. hah.

Haha. I have the XFX 7600GT XXX edition too. I have to admit the kickass look was a bit of an influence when I decided to buy it. Fits very well with my black motherboard and black RAM sticks (and black case, and black keyboard & mouse, and black monitor... you get the idea) :).

However, I usually go for the cheapest card among the good brands: eVGA, BFG, XFX, Gigabyte, etc. Why? Their performance is similar (you can always overclock any difference) and they're all good quality products.

Is the XFX noisy? Not at all. It does get a bit hot in my rig (60-ish), but It's because there's no decent airflow near the card.

In this case, I'd buy the eVGA. Unless you want a kickass looking card :).

haha, I got the XFX XXX edition, cuz of looks too. But it's not loud at all. Maybe during startup but thats it.

Agreed, I'd get a 7900GS instead, if budget permits (mine didn't). The performance difference is substantial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom