Intel core 2 duo, how much better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krustis

Baseband Member
Hi there all, i am currently using a pentium 4 3.00ghz processor, i wouldlike to upgrade to an intel core 2 duo, but th one i can afford is only 1.86ghz, how much better will it be than my current processor? Or should i wait longer and get a higher ghz, i would liek it to be future proof. Thanks all

I agree with Ste. There is no P4 that is a dual core. You must mean Pentium D.

even if it is pentium D

The Clock speed of C2D is what you see TIMES TWO.

So its 1.86x2 meaning really about 3.72ghz of Core 2 Duo Power.

Trust me it will destroy your current one, even if its a D

lol alex....Dual core means better multitask and more cache. You can fit 2mb on each core to make 4mb Lvl 2. Not only that C2D supports so much new Tech with the dual cores in the C2D line it makes your and my P4 look like they were from the stoneage.

krustis, you probabally think ur p4 is dual core when it is really not because it has hyper threading. if you look at device manager and you look at your proccessor there will probabally be 2 proccessors showin up because u have hyper threading technology on ur cpu. i was also thinking about upgrading my p4 stock 2.66 oc'd 3.2 ghz proc to the e6300. and since i'm using the freezer 7 pro hsf i was wondering if i could oc the 6300 to about 2.4 ghz. has anyone oc the 6300 to 2.4 yt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom