Green Monitor Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrynham

Baseband Member
Hi,
I just bought a Compaq 7550 17" Flat-CRT Monitor.

and I just noticed that on the bottom left and right corners there is a light green shade :confused:
degaussing doesnt seem to help too much.

has anyone experienced any such problem before?

Thanks.

PS: this is my 3rd Flat CRT monitor (all different brands), i returned the other 2 because they also had problems. :mad:

the closest speakers i have around the monitor are 2 on the left and right, about 20cm away from the monitor edge, and one on top of the monitor. but there is not 'green shade' at the top though. :confused:

i also tried moving the speakers away, and then degaussing again, but that didnt make any difference :(

-------------------------------------------

EDIT:
I just tried changing the resolutions around, I usually use 1152x864 @ 85hz

If i use 1024x768 or 800x600 the green shade is less, but still slightly evident.
uping the resolution to 1280x1024 or even 1600x1200 still gives the same amount of green shade :confused:

is there something about resolutions i should know about with monitors?

thanks.

That usually means you have a defective tube in your CRT. Those green edges are caused by two things, magnetic interferance and a leak during manufacturing of the tube. Most of the time a degauss will clean that up for you but if you tried it and it still shows signs of the green edges, you have a bad monitor. That would be a manufacters defect and if its still under warranty, you should get a free replacement.

oh yeah, I should point out this green shade is not very noticable at all, it is most obvious on a white or beige background.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

anyway, i will go down to the store i bought it from and take a good close look at the one they have on display and see if it is the same, or not. :(

either way, i will probably have to call up Compaq and see what can be done about it.

is it just me, or do i have the world worst luck when it comes to monitors! :mad:

but i have noticed one thing about the 3 monitors i had. They were all 17" Flat CRTs, and all the problems where something to do with edges :confused:
- IBM, had a wavy edge, and also the screen would twitch randomly.
- Philips, the edge was also wavy, and was a bit blurry.
- Compaq, everything is perfect, except for the green shade on the edge.

so would I be right in coming to the conclusion that all Flat CRT's got some sort of a problem with edges? :eek:

I went down to the shop where i bought it the other day, and their display one was the same aswell :confused:
so i guess it would be the same for all these monitors then, there no point getting a replacement since it will just be the same :(

its not very noticeable at all.
im just a very picky person so i notice it more than normal :p

but other than this little minor problem the monitor is fantastic, the image quality is very good compared to some other monitors ive seen. :D
so i guess i can put up with it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom