Monitor Advice again...LCD HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this TV is gonna be my Xmas gift this year...I keep looking at it Gen...how long have you had it btw? If you vouch for it, I'm assured it's quality ;)

I don't want to hijack the thread or anything, but is there a problem with having no TV newer than about 6 years old, all of them a bunch of small-ish ugly TVs?

in 2009 all analog broadcasts will be gone the digital age is coming, Also I don't know anything about that tv but the difference is that it was not designed for exclusive computer use so it would kinda suck i have a 45 inch plasma with a dvi but all it does is cut crop a bunch of crap off the screen and i have to resize everything or put the windows bar on the right. also the good thing about those dell and apple 30" monitors is that they have XHD resolutions 2560 1960? something like that so i would rather get an XHD monitor in my opinion

XHD?

Ive only heard of HDTV... and i dont even have one

I just use my computer monitor for everything
a resolution of 1440x900 is good enough for me :)

TheEnd187 said:
in 2009 all analog broadcasts will be gone the digital age is coming, Also I don't know anything about that tv but the difference is that it was not designed for exclusive computer use so it would kinda suck i have a 45 inch plasma with a dvi but all it does is cut crop a bunch of crap off the screen and i have to resize everything or put the windows bar on the right. also the good thing about those dell and apple 30" monitors is that they have XHD resolutions 2560 1960? something like that so i would rather get an XHD monitor in my opinion

I have the TV, it works just fine as a computer monitor... And the Dell and Apple 30" displays are 2560x1600, and you have to have dual-link DVI for it to work, and games are pretty lame because you have to spend $1200 on awesome video cards, and they ghost pretty bad, whereas this TV has a response time of like 8ms. Here's a picture of my TV working as a computer monitor. It was hard to get a picture of it where it didn't look like total crap, but I got one after a few minutes of screwing around with the camera. ;)

That looks pretty good still Gen. I went and looked at the screen in person yesterday at best buy. It looked pretty darn good overall. I like the styling especially. The image they had displayed didnt look to clear though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom