CD-READ Error's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win2kpatcher

Fully Optimized
Hi I have a question? Sometimes when I try to copy data off a CD it will come up with a "Cycle Redundcy error" and stop the copying proccess...just wandering if anybody knows what the heck that is all about?

i have come across this issue with a few clients before, happens when using alcohol to burn on yamaha cdrw's .. somethin to do with efm coding ..
the way we got around it was to use a different medium to burn the cd in the first place ...

Ok, but what happends when its legit media? As in not a CD-R? I have just encountered this and my PC here at work is brand spanking new...drive qaulity maybe?

well you may have something there .. i dont really know much more than what i encountered last time .. was the cdrw and a burnt data disk .. yours could be a hardware issue, maybe try swapping it to another cd drive or somethin to verify your thought ..

great!! thanks..I'm curious though if you could go into more detail about that person you had with the alcohol and disk recording? They would rub it on there before?

ohh no sorry .. was alcohol 120 ... we tried changin image & write speeds, deselectin efm coding etc .. was only when we tried to access the disk it would spit out the error and frustrate us .. so we went to adaptec or some other burnin s/w and it solved the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom