Building High End PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which 8800GTX is better BFG or EVGA? The BFG is a little more expensive like 10$ but it comes with the s video to RGB converter.

Trotter said:
BFG = lifetime warranty

eVGA = Step-Up program
Step-up as in they give you the best thats out at the time or what. Which would be the wiser choice.

TheEnd187 said:
its X6800 and it doesn't such you could oc the 6600 to 3.4 and then it is dead or you can get the x6800 and oc it to 4.0ghz+ and beat the crap of a 6600 also the X6800 has the oc'ing unlocked so you can pretty do about anything with it except marry it(i wonder if one of those gay churches will let me marry my 6800? Google here i come)

First off...my E6400 is at 3.4Ghz and I could get it higher if i wanted too...(sits at 35-38C idle and around 50C full load) so i'm pretty sure that the 6600 can oust that and get up into the 4.0Ghz area with good air cooling alone.

Yes, the X6800 is better and will OC farther, be faster...YES it's better. But for over double the money you get no where near double the performance so it's not worth it in my mind. Plus the power it offers can't really be ulitlized by most people yet and by the time it can be there'll something better out anyways.

haha i guess my "buying the best of the best is stupid" attitude just came out there huh? It's really just a personal opinion but i think that upgrading at the right time is far better off than getting the best out there when you can offord it. I didn't suggest the x6800 for the only reason that the extra $600 could go to a much better perforance gain elsewhere in the build and with the ram and parts i picked out he should be fine with the E6600 for at least 3-4 years if he OCs it.

A455-1092 :: Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe NVIDIA Socket 775 ATX Motherboard / Audio / PCI Express / SLI Ready / Dual Gigabit LAN / S/PDIF / USB 2.0 / Serial ATA / RAID (2 lbs)
Usually Ships in 7 - 21 Days $279.99 $279.99

This motherboard is no longer availible from www.tigerdirect.caTiger Direct Canada. Can someone supply a replacement site or motherboard of equal or greater value?

I know I don't hafto but I want to spend around 3-4000$ canadian on a system that includes a nice monitor that can take advantage of the 8800 GTX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom