Bsod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bios only has three IRQ settings - 5,10,11. You can either change them to "PCI" or "Reserved". 5 and 11 don't even show up in System Info, 10 is set to the device "NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management".

All dxdiag tests came back okay.

?

I tried using the new nvidia drivers but they totally screwed up my display. The colors, contrast, and brightness were all out of whack and I couldn't get them right. Also, whenever I played a movie I had to open up the control panel and keep it open, or the movie would be a very dark reddish color. Not to mention the "new nvidia control panel" has no freakin' options at all, and the optimized driver brings back the old cp.

If you know any other types of optimized drivers I'm willing to try them though. Until nvidia releases a new version, I technically can't go back.

Drivers... that old?

The reason I got nVidia was to get away from ATI's bad drivers!

What's the difference between the new drivers, and 81.98? I thought the whole point was to get the most updated drivers?
(sorry, I know I'm kind of newbish when it comes to drivers - they really annoy me!)

Oh, and when I reinstalled the computer I only put the optimized drivers on here, so I didn't need to use driver cleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom