hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

valcan222

In Runtime
hey everyone, as some of you might have read I am haveing major hard drive issues. so i have decided to get a new hard drive, I dont want to spend a ton but i do want decent space and good realiability. i am looking to spend less than 200 dolars. and preferable over 100gigs. one question. once I get a new hard drive can i keep useing the one I have, even though it isint working right now? i mean would it work ok if i didnt use it for wendows and just used it for say storing files, word documents ect...? what do you think? and as for what my comp has in it.
Motherboard: Asus m2n32-SLI Deluxe
PSU: Antec TPII-550ATX
CPU: AMD A64 X2 3800
MEM: 2 gigs Corsair
VGA: Evga GF 7600gt

and currently i have a western digital 250 gig hard drive.
so what do you think?

well, i will be useing this for gameing, so if a faster hard drive would be better, it has ok room then that would be good, but still not above 200, and do you guys think that i can still use this hard drive for storage just not for windows? what do you guys think?

well, I dont see how a harddrive can just die unless it is physically damaged. you should be able to still use it for storage. Just install windows on your new hd and when your system is set up put the old one in and see if it is recognized. I say just go for a 320gig WD or something with a 16mb cache.

ok, I plan to go with the one suggested above, the 95 dollar Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM. the only thing i have to ask is, well I dont really know how to put it in, i know i know read the sticky, well i did, i still dont get it, but another question compleatly, what is sata? I hear sata cable sata 1 bla bla bla, i dont know what that is lol, can someone care to explane lol. but anyone who has a link to a guide for installing the hard drive please tell me where it is, or post a link, i am off to google to search for one for my self but if anyone has a good one feel free to post it lol.

well i couldent find that many guides to installing a hard drive all the way threw going into the bios if the comp dosent pick it up automaticly, so anyone have a links of if they care to just write what i have to do that would be great, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom