computer running extremely slow. help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaintPall

Baseband Member
so i got home from school today and turned on my computer, etc. then saw a software windows update, downloaded it and it said it was gonna give me IE 7.0 so i accepted. after rebooting my computer and all that i decided to play my usual internet games, only i culdnt... i get into one game and the servers wont even load for about 4 mins, when they finally did i culdnt get in the room cuz i was lagging so bad, so i tried a dif game... same thing, my ping is about 800 while everyone elses is 30 - 100... its never been like that before. i have like the best internet money can buy in this town (comcast) and i always have one of the lowest pings... i tried unplugging my cable box for like 20 seconds & plugging it back in... no difference.. the only thing i can think of is either i have a virus (im scanning right now) or by downloading IE 7.0 it somehow slowed my computer down drastically. plz help if u can, thank you

edit: also when i get on web pages on the internet its extremely slow aswell

is IE7 now your only internet browser ?

as long as system restore failed you can try other popular browsers like maxthon or Firefox !

if you really want to fix you IE you can try to remove the installation files form the add and remove programs.

some time there will some problems and missing files thought the uninstall process.

if you got some messages liked that you can try to fix it using this tool after rebooting the computer.

download here

this is the only tool I'm aware of to fix IE problems !

Good Luck

first of all i dont think its internet explorer 7 problem! i got IE7 and Firefox2 and i don't have any kind of problems.

Second - of after the system restore the problem continues, then the best thing to do is either call for your ISP cause problem maybe in their servers

or you just need to clean your computer from spyware, adware, virus, trojans, etc...

last thing to do! - format your HD and/or reinstall windows....

Back up all important data in case of Reformat. (As last resort)

Go through Warez's Spyware Guide. Its in his Sig.
Defragment Drive, Disk Clean up, Post hijack this log. (Hijackthis part of warez's guide)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom