Need tech help building my system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustywaters

Beta member
Hi,

I am building a gaming system (outlined below) and am having trouble.

Set-up:

Motherboard:Foxconn P9657AA-8KS2H Socket T (LGA 775) Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard

Processor (CPU):Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M sharing L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor

Memory (RAM):OCZ Gold Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5400) Dual Channel Kit

Power Supply (PSU):OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI ATX12V 600W Power Supply 100 - 240 V CB/CE/CSA/UL/FCC

Video Card (GPU):SAPPHIRE Radeon X1950XTX 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16

Computer Case:COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel, SECC ATX Mid Tower

Operating System (Windows XP):Microsoft Windows XP Home Sp2b 1pk w/Upgrade Coupon for Vista

Optical Drive:NEC Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache E-IDE / ATAPI DVD Burner

Hard Drive (HDD):Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

Problem:

I have put together the MB, PS, and Memory and placed my video card in (1950xtx) and am not getting any signal to my monitor (light blinks on switch so no signal). I can plug the monitor into my old computer and it works fine. If I unplug it from either computer it gives me a message to check the cable. The video card has power to it, the fan is running. I am having to run thru a CRT adapter because I have an older 17" CRT monitor. I have used 2 adapters that came with the video card to make sure one of those was not bad, still no signal. I tried my other monitor and no better.
I am wanting to check to find out if the problem is my new video card or perhaps MB or CPU. In the past if my CPU's failed, the fans did not work on the CPU cooler, or video card and the front panel reset and switch would not work. All are working great on this system. One other thing, this MB has no speaker hookup "optional". Ha, how do you diagnose the system without beeps. I do not have another system to try the video card on, all are too old and have AGP setups.
Any ideas anyone?

well try taking out the video card and then re-seating it to see if it is just one pin not getting good contact. So I am a little confused on something, you have tried the old analog hook-up adapter and it works fine, but when you try and use the digital one it gives no signal? Or are you getting no signal from any of the signal outputs on the video card?

I tried the analog hook-up adapter (on both output ports on the video card) and got no results (no signal). I do not have a digital monitor hookup so can't test that.
No signals at all from the video card.

P.S. I did reseat the card a couple of times to check connection, seems to seat really well.

hhhmm okay well. I dont know if this will work but is that board sli? if so you could try putting it in the ohter socket and see if it will work. If it still doesnt work after that your card might be DOA.

lancec2c30 said:
hhhmm okay well. I dont know if this will work but is that board sli? if so you could try putting it in the ohter socket and see if it will work. If it still doesnt work after that your card might be DOA.

Unfortunately it is not SLI, I thought of that. I dropped it off today at a shop that can check the components on other computers. Thank you for the help though.

ooooooo a shop, I just hate it when ya gotta resort to that. Well hopefully they wont wack you too bad with labor prices and stuff.

If they tell you it is bad and try to talk you into exchanging it through them. decline, they will try to get you to buy it through them and o man are they steep in price compared to places like new egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom