Run As.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolboy696

Baseband Member
Hi,
Ok i recently got rid of a worm that infected my computer. I still have on of the problems that the worm cause. Everytime I go to run a program it will ask me which user do i want to run it as. There only one user...and thats me... I tried going into the user accounts and lookin in there but i couldnt find anything like that in there.. So if U you tell me how to get rid of that Rus As.... box that would be great! Thanks much!

That means you are not an administrator to the local machine or have enough privilege to install software. I would look at your account settings and make sure you are an administrator.

In W2K, there is an option where you can check "Always Run as the following user" or something similar. I'm not sure it's available in XP or not.

It would help to know what is the software you're trying to run. Some proggies (for a strange reason) like to ask that question whenever you're not logged in as the admin.

How did you remove the virus? Are you using a good AV software?

The Virus was the sasser worm. And I do hav AVG. And it does it for all the programs on the computer!

oucchh.. Try doing a restore to the date you know you did not have the virus and that may work. If not I would boot from the Windows XP disc and do a "repair" on the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom