ATI x1900 series versus Nvidia's 7900 cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
rambus was good. it was just expensive.

anyway, I got my 7900 GT to 750MHZ with a voltmod, and a Zalman VF900.
only thing is, it's paired with a Sempron 2800+ at 2.0GHZ
and it doesn't have 512MB memory, like the GTX, or most of the X1900's

Thanks for the responses guys, I think I'd up some more on both of them before making my final decision.

Why can't video cards just be easy to understand? haha
I really like the X1900's, but there are so many different models of the 7900 it seems, it gets confusing, specially given that I'm relatively new to the whole computer thing.

So after some reading, I think its now down to the 7950 GT Extreme and the X1950XT, still can't decide though, it seems like they are pretty close in performance, and the x1950xt is actually cheaper than the 7950 GT Extreme, and the performance specs of the x1950xt look better too, but I'm still not sure.

id hate to say this in front of NOS but go with the 1950 for the GDDR4 unless youre a fanboy ge a 7900 or 7950 orGX2(don't tell nos i said ati was better cuz it still sux @$$)

im thinking of getting an XFX 7950gt extreme. The only reason ill get it above an x1950xt is that it's passive cooling, and im tired of all this noise form the card i have and this PSU. I get headaches after extended ammounts of time from this squeeky PSU, and the fan on my graphics card sounds like a jet engine.

TheEnd187 said:
id hate to say this in front of NOS but go with the 1950 for the GDDR4 unless youre a fanboy ge a 7900 or 7950 orGX2(don't tell nos i said ati was better cuz it still sux @$$)

lol, only the xtx has the ddr4, everything else is stuck with the ddr3... and i too think ati is a bit on the down side with anything other than their 512 mb x1900's and 1950... everything else i will agree... may kinda blow...

well the x1950xt's seem pretty good though....

and i must say... gddr4 overclocks like a champ... i've had mine running 2200 mhz no problem

i've heard it was a really great card, and people are actually hitting 2000mhz for memory... which is insane for ddr3 without a voltmod...

i havent really seen reviews for it, but for what it costs its specs like **** good

i'm about to head out to work... so i'll have to get back on that, i know its got 48 pixel shaders and high clocks... it should do great if your not playing anything over 1280x1024... otherwise if you are, your gonna need more memory than 256... but if you are within that range, it should be nothing short of amazing

1280x1024 is actually my maximum resolution on my monitor, which I happened to get for free, courtesy of sympatico's deal they had going on haha.

I'd say the X1950XT is the one I'm going for right now unless someone can change my mind lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom