Help choosing internet security program!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmammen

Self Proclaimed Immortal
ok....ive used norton the past two years and it has worked flawlessely, but my dad seems to think its not working for him, probably has something setup wrong, but for whatever the reason we are looking at renewing the norton subscription or getting this program-
http://www.pcsecurityshield.com/fsw...aid=CD567&opt=GoIS-internet security software
I did notice had a root-kit detection program, which is pretty handy.

anyone use it or know anything about it? supposedely it was rated the highest and had one more star then norton did. so just let me know on which would be better to use. O and also, there will be a firewall and wireless hub connected. thanks in advance- hunter

ok thank you for the quick replies but, i really need a comparison between the two i mentioned, as those are the only two im willing to buy, so should i stay with norton as i know it works or should i try security shield? and you mentioned something about F-secure.....what is that?

Kaspersky Internet Security 6

However, I myself Use
Updated Firefox
Updated Windows
Linksys Router
Symantec 10 Corporate AV
SpywareBlaster
Ad Aware SE Personnel
Spybot Search and Destroy
Random Scans with Hijackthis

I dont have any problems and I limewire and torrent like I biotch.

actually a suite doesn't cover anything on my internet pc i have avg anti-virus, Webroot spysweeper, Icesword, That IE sandbox, Antiphishing, AVG firewall, yeah i know theres a lot of suites but nothing covers you copletely, so you will still need to buy all other programs anyway

You know what you could do? Just not have any of those. Just use firefox with the noscript extension, and avg free anti virus, and ad-aware/spybot. All free services. I haven't had a virus in years. The safest thing you can do anyway is to backup your files regularly if you're that scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom