A Gaming Laptop/Desktop Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your right those laptops are way out of my price range. Are there any laptops out there that are on the same level as the Dell XPS, but kinda in my price range I think I can squeeze my budget up a little bit to $1900-$2000. So please help me out. But again I still don't trust Dell I have been on their website and heard people complaining about the new Dell XPS M1710 about it wasn't being all that he had expected. Sorta like Dell doing a bit of false advertisement on their part. So ask your friends are there any good Toshiba or HP that can rival the Dell XPS please, I know I mi loser when it comes gaming.

I'm not going to help you any more. I've wanted too much **** time explaining this stuff to you. Do you see anyone here talking about the Dell XPS? No, the one I showed you is a Dell Inspiron E1705. There is nothing like the Dell XPS in your range BECAUSE THEY ARE EXPENSIVE LAPTOPS.

I SHOWED YOU A LAPTOP IN YOUR PRICE RANGE. And its exactly what you wanted, a gaming laptop, you just don't like the **** logo on the cover.

I've showed you the exact thing you're looking for, and now I'm getting out of this thread. If you don't buy that, then good luck finding what you're looking for, because I can pretty much guarantee you won't find it.

Oh ok dude you don't have to have a cow and get man it's not like I am planning to buy the gaming laptop/desktop replacement any time soon like now. Like I said from earlier in the post I said that I was saving up to buy a gaming laptop/desktop replacement and I would have all the money by next year summer dude all I wanted was to get you opinions on gaming laptops and are they or can they perform on the same level as a gaming PC and for how long. And then when I finally got all the money saved up I would want all you guys help in picking out a very good one so please don't get upset Trieclipse or give up one me. So just give me your opinion to my question dude.

well maybe by next summer your parents will let you have a desktop in your room. How old are you? it isnt something to flame you on or anything, just to get an idea how bad your situation is. If you were 14 then trying to talk them into letting you have a desktop is out of the question from what you say. 15 well there is some presuation, 16; If I were you I would be pi$$ed, 17 aaah he11 no. anything after that and it would be the most stupid thing I had ever seen.

MurdaX said:
So why don't the two companies just merge and get it over with why are they still separate. And since you speak so highly of dell do you own one.

i have a dell inspiron 9200 (basically the old model of the suggested one earlier) and i really liked it. I say liked cuz it's 1 1/2 years old and the graphics card wasn't enough for me anymore so i built a new desktop to game on.

from my experiences:
1.) Dell desktops suck
2.) Dell laptops are great
3.) Dell laptops are expensive
4.) customer service takes forever to get ahold of but is very helpful once you're talking to somebody.

basically you could get a better laptop from ibuypower.com or cyberpower.com (don't know about cyberpower's credibility though. ibuypower has a few fans here though.) for the same price.

***If you want to use the laptop for future gaming i suggest trying to get at least a 7900GT as you probably won't be able to upgrade the GPU.***

well unless your profile has fake info, you are 20 (same as me :D.) so i don't see how your parents could keep a desktop out of your room. (i have strict parents but that just seems ridiculous)

I suggest building a desktop since you could get a pretty good one for the price, but if you still can't get it in your room then go through ibuypower.com if you want a non-dell lappy.

As for the XMS compared to that other dell laptop...i'm fairly convinced that you pay more for the XMS name and the better range of quality parts. By this i mean that the best GPU/CPU/whatever for the XMS will not be available in the other models so you pay extra because you CAN customize the computer to higher standards.'

for instance...i configured both models with the EXACT same parts:

My Components
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7200 (2.00GHz, 4MB L2 Cache, 667 MHz FSB)
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
No Express Upgrade to Windows Vista Selected
17 inch UltraSharp™ Wide Screen UXGA Display with TrueLife™
2GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHZ, 2 DIMM
80GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive
8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer DVD+R write capability
256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7900 GS
Integrated Audio

XMS M1710: $2,619
Inspiron E1705: $1,947

...hmm...that's odd same specs except the battery and wireless card though doesn't matter at all at this point.

You pay $650 for a laptop with the XMS name on it and a 80 WHr battery compared to 53 WHr...that can also be upgraded for $49)

tell me i'm wrong LOL.

my new question...if you're willing to go with an XMS why not get an E1705 with the EXACT same parts...literally EXACT SAME for $600 less?

PS that's also very close to your price range. only thing i'd change for you is change the ram to 533mhz from 667mhz cuz it's not worth the extra cash spent for the little performance gain.

Well I guess you can compare my parents to the a mesh when it comes to video game. Even if I had the space in my room for a desktop, my parents would rather it be placed in our library also that my other siblings could use it. Plus when your a university student and they want you to become the best they try to control your life by banning certain things like video gaming. So thats why I asked for a good gaming laptop/desktop replacement from you guys. Trust me when I say my parents are strict they are strict. Maybe when I graduate from university I will get a gaming desktop, but until then I want a good gaming laptop that could probably serve me for at least 3 years or so.

Ok lets all get this straight now, Dell is just like every other "major consumer" brand. They are all just as reliable. While, yes, I do own a dell "desktop" that is over 3 years old, and have had no problems, so it is reliable, but I was of course ripped-off.

But like TriEclipse said, you dont build laptops, so you must pay. And I wouldn't at all mind getting a dell laptop as well. Usually, the reason why dell gets all the bad rap from people is because, well when you go out, everywhere you see "dell." I usually dont walk into my school or libary and see Hp's, so they dont have as much chance to be blammed. And also, (i accidently offended myself) the dell desktop owners are noobs. So when they say "their dell has problems" well for one, they proabably were being retard idiots and downloaded something called "virus.exe" and ran it, and not only that they proabily spent 300-400$ with some celeron in it, so they shouldnt have expected much anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom