X1900 Crossfire Edition... or X1950 Crossfire Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
isn't the x1950 gddr4? i hate ati but i would say why not x1950, unless you already have 1900 i don't know(or like) crossfire but if you can use a 1950 and a 1900 i would go for that

and dont forget Whatever you want you can get It on Ebay lol

sorry but i've noticed you have something of an obsession with "the latest and greatest". it has GDDR4 memory......big whoop. that is not a particularly intellectual reason to get one. are you saying that hypothetically if there were say an x1600 with GDDR4 you would think something along the lines of "OMFGWTFBBQ GDDR4 pwns, this must be heapz bettzor than an x1900". sure the X1950 is better but you can't reccomend it based on the fact it uses GDDR4. a memory platform on it's own makes virtually no difference to the performance. state GDDR4 is an advantage, when coupled with it being clocked at a higher frequency than the memory of the card it is being compared with, providing it has a comparable GPU.

so Nos, i'm curious as to how many high end GFX boxes you've opened? you've had SLI 7900GTs, an X1900 and now an X1950XTX. personally i think you should have gone for a new 8 series card but unfortunately i missed this thread. it's just in my opinion it's a bit over the top to have had 4 cards that are comparable, rather than leaps and bounds ahead.

hahahaha... i've had plenty of high end cards... lol i think you named them all..... but you forgot the 6800gs, it was high end at the time......

i got this because i wanted to stick ati instead of going nvidia... i feel i shoulda got an 8800gts though

anyway, 3dmark05 is like 60 percent done.. i'll be doing that shortly

13976 3dmark05, thats with 3.2 ghz, 700/2200 clock for video card... gonna oc both cpu and video card some more, going for 15,000 in 05

well... anyway, if you could be so kind as to close this thread... i'm going to just start a overclocking kinda topic in the overclocking section... lol, sorry.. i'm just excited at how great this card is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom