Video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomW

In Runtime
Hi, I have a PC with WIN98 and a old intel740 video card I want to replace. I found a NVIDIA GEFORCE P73 64MB AGP card on ebay for $30. Would this be a good card to get? TomW

I think it's time for you to upgrade. (your entire computer)

I've never even heard of that card. Don't buy stuff off ebay. Judging from the cost, I don't think this would be a wise choice to puchase such an item, and good video cards might not even work on your computer.

Hi, we have a new puter with XP on it. This is one I fixed and am learning puters with. If not for ebay I would never been able to fix this thing so cheap and have upgraded alot of it also. I am sure it would handle more than win98 now but don't have the money to buy a new OS. The video card is all thats left that is original in this thing. Thats why I was asking about cards just wondering what would be better and still work with this PC. TomW

Hello, when checking specs on a vid card does the speed of the card have to match speed of mother board? My mother board is a M5ALA ver2.0 running at 100mhz X 5. The card specs says high speed 64bit 100 mhz GUI accelerator. I have a AMD k6-2/500 CPU. So do I have to have a card with 100mhz speed or am I talking about unrelated things. I have a i740 APG card now, is it true that AGP card is better than a PCI card? This is the type of stuff I want to learn. Maybe I should have asked from the begining if the vid card could be causing games to freeze? The games worked on a old Packard Bell with 266 celeron CPU and only 4 gig hard drive and only 64 of ram. This one has AMD K6-2/500 CPU, right now 160 of ram but want to up that a bunch when money allows, and 18 gigs of quantum bigfoot hdd, [1 12gig and one 6gig] The Packard Bell has a ATI 3D Rage pro video. [built in] If anyone has any suggestions for a card that will work and is better that the i740 please let me know. I can't afford some $250 card though. Tom

OK I found a later driver for the card I have, I had a heck of a time getting it to install [I hate zip files] and when I test directX now it does alot more stuff, but have not tried to install games again to see if they work now. The color on other sites is much better now, I have 24 bit color where before I had only 16 bit. Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom