Final straw

Status
Not open for further replies.
having you conidered your window installation is damaged, format the hard drive and reinstall windows from scratch

Funcanator said:
ive done numerous re-installs, had just BF2 installed with latest drivers and the problem is still there. I just want to know what piece of hardware i need to replace!

uhh, yea guys, he already reinstalled.

well, funcanator, my best bet is that ur hdd, cpu, or mobo...first thing to try is a different hard drive, if it still errors, get a new processor, and if it still errors, get a new motherbord.

but: before that, run hijackthis and post ur results here(if its not hardware, then software is overwhelming the cpu)

and last but not least: what brand/model is ur mobo, and hdd?

and finally: how long into something cpu intensive does it take for the pc to freeze? is it immedatly or does it take a few minutes?

just seen this:
Funcanator said:
rite, so i had my mate over today with his pc. I swapped out the graphics card, processor and memory and had a brand new hiper 530watt PSU in and i still get the same problem. So im assuming its my motherboard? am i correct?
yes, it could possibly be ur mobo. but it also culd still be ur hdd. try a diff hdd, then its possible that it cuold be ur mobo.

ok ... well ive got a new motherboard now. Im having a few problems with it but will get back and let you know how it does. And yes i have reinstalled no end of times....

personally, I'd get rid of Norton for starters. that's usually a real resource hog, and is likely contributing to your high processor load

secondly I would have guessed a power supply issue, but now I'm thinking it's probabbly heat

rite, so ive got the mobo working. im now getting a bit further with solving the problem. I have noticed the HDD is real hot, so i strapped up some cooling fans and i can now work in piece :) only thing is on Battlefield 2, it sometimes crashes for a couple of seconds but then instead of locking up completely it comes back to life. Have just ordered a seagate 80gb hard drive to hopefully solve this ongoing problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom