Is this a decent gaming rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no no no no no

The only thing that can compete right now with the lowest line of C2D is the Anthlon 64 FX series...which are about 350+.

And sad part is if overclocked a little on the C2D they BLOW away even the FX-60 $833.

it's sad but i just made a system with

E6300 C2D
Biostar 945P Mobo
1 GB DDR2 667 Wintec
WD 160gb, 8mb buffer
GeForce 7900GS

Shipped to me: $586.18

Sad part is that gives you a C2D with DDR2-677 ram now instead of plain old DDR-400. Also if you were to spend about $610 you could get another and better P965 Mobo..i just spent a day on here and my system looks just like that almost and it will destroy BF 2142.

Trust me on this one man

lancec2c30 said:
I thought that some of the older games dont use both core? Or did the dual core optimisor resolve all that? Well anyway I am sure that a 3800x2 would be a good choice, it would really help out with stuff in windows.

However lancer stated that some of the older games don't support dual core is this going to be a problem if I want to play some older games?

No he didint mean support as in wouldnt work. Just not use the CPU to its fullest as in act like a single core, also as he said i think that was fixed already. Either way trust me that system will be MORE than enough for older games.

Oh. Okay thanks. I have never touched Intel before so I am kind of a "noobie" to Intel. Ahaha. I have 4 PCs at home and they're all AMD build.

AMD anthlons OWN P4's we all know. But as long as C2D is here and AMD doesnt release anything else

Any C2D>Best AMD FX with just some minor adjustments

The new mobos using NVIDIA's new chips for Intel are starting to come out. Nothing else comes close to them.

i hear e6300 oc'ed b33tz fx-62 rofl lol lmao AMD thinks its so cool because the bought VIA and ATI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom