usb ports not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbcudenver

Solid State Member
my usb ports on my new homebuild pc are not working propely. I have I card reader and a compact flash card. I tested it on my laptop and it works fines, when I plug it into the back of my computer it works exect it is sooo slow. The from usb ports only make the blue light on the card reader come on, not show up as a hard driver, eg drive, another thing is that windows says that the usb port is not usb 2.0 but I know the motherboard supports usb 2.0 . the mo model is found here,
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downlo...ilID=536&DetailName=Driver&DetailDesc=RS482-M(V1.0A)&MenuID=35&LanID=9
please help me with this,
thanks
brett

it seems that Windows is right, at least as far as Windows thinks. it's telling you that you don't have USB 2.0 ports because you don't have the correct drivers. some motherboards require you don't install their driver and allow Windows to install one. others require you to only use one supplied by the manufacturer to get USB 2.0 support. either way you need to find out and fix that. as for the front USB not working, it sounds as if it hasn't been connected to the motherboard correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom