Budget gaming PC~ $850 (Have a few things already)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think i could reach 800 with this as 2 reviews basicly said this

Pros: I bought 2 of these along with a Gigabyte DS3 and a Core 2 Duo e6400, booted no problems in dual channel mode, has been performing like a champ ever since. It is a really good overclocker, reaches 800 no prob.

Cons: A bit on the pricey side but you are paying for good quality.

But I stated before that after i re-made the computer with only 1 gig I had about 50 bucks left over. I put in a 30 buck arctic cooler and had about 20 left. So I guess I could try to fit DDR2-800...and if i did and then overclocked an 800 with my fans and that arctic freezer...hrrm wonder what speeds i could reach

Also that G.Skill you suggested has only 1.9-2.0v so couldnt you turn it up since i see alot of ddr2-800 with 2.2?

DDR2-800 would get you 2.8Ghz from the CPU, and DDR2-900 would get you 3.15Ghz. That's assuming you run a 1:1 ratio and don't use any sort of memory dividers.

Yeah, you could turn up the voltage to get DDR2-900+.

well then i guess i might get tha G. Skill and this would be the system.

-E6300 C2D
-BIOSTAR TForce965PT
-G. Skill DDR2-800 1 GB
-2- 77 CFM 120mm Blue LED Fans
-1- 33 CFM 80mm Blue LED
-ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler
-Rosewill RV480-2-FRB 480W Dual Fans PSU
-eVGA 256MB GeForce 7900GS
-Western Digital 250GB SATA 2, 16 cache HD
-Xion Xion Xon-102 case

Total Price after shipping: $840.31

Then i Have a Logitec MX-518 mouse which i love, and a pretty nice keyboard. and a new Samsung 18x DVD burner ill add.

haha very nice. They just said id get over 97 FPS at my res on BF 2142 and the card. I probably wont reach that high speeds without another gig, but even without it should max out games until then. And i bet i could get more FPS after OC'ing the card.

Anyway that looks like i guess ill just throw in a some round cables and just buy it next week or so. That meets my budget. Looks pretty **** sweet, cant wait.

haha its a christmas gift though, my dad wants to have it like 3 weeks before christmas...but in the end my aunt is putting 400...dad putting 150...and im putting 150 + the 150 from selling him my old P4 3.0

In the end im still paying 300...he said hed rather spend 200 on that new KRZR phone with a plan than a computer so id get out more. lol....gay..

Lol, everyone should get out more. ;)

You'll be getting a lot over just 97FPS on BF2142 with a 7900GS, lol. More like 150FPS with the FPS cap disabled.

your dad wants to get you a cell phone instead of pitching in on a computer? How is a cell phone going to make you get out more?? lol

he figures if i have the newest phone ill want to use it all the time!

....lol...

All in all....i dont see really 1 thing i could do better with that system and my budget.

Got the go ahead guys on the computer. Its everything i wanted and more for the price. Appreciste everyones input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom