Random Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Chub

Baseband Member
I am working on a system, AMD Duron 800 mhz. 40 gig hard drive 256 ram. It just randomly shuts down. I thought it may be a temp problem, but isn't, temps are in good range, and stable, could this be a mobo problem?? the motherboard pretty new, 4-5 months. I tried the ram in my computer and no probs, so i know it isn't the ram. It will shut down, then won't come back on, till i reset the psu.

umm... worm virus??? If your computer shuts down cause of a RPC, its most likely a worm virus. If not....meh......

it isn't the rpc thing. The os doesn't even have to be loaded, it can be idling in bios, and just shut down.

I've been participating on computer forums for 3-4 years now... and i found that in the vast majority of the cases, these types of problems are often attributable to hardware failure/malfunction/glitches/ etc.

The first place to start looking is your power supply. If you have the right tool, you can test the volt/amperage on your power supply. Or take it to any PC shop in your area & have them test it.

sounds like a faulty power supply. maybe not conditioning the current. It seems to be stout enough, so I'd check that ASAP, in case its spiking.

i have encountered this problem when the heatsink is not connected the CPU overheats and shuts the system down

What do you mean not connected? The heatsink is on the processor, and there is thermal compound between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom