ATI x1900 series versus Nvidia's 7900 cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

jared17

In Runtime
I was just curious if these 2 cards are of similar performance levels or if one is better than the other. I have basically decided on everything for my new computer, I just can't for the life of me decide on a video card. I was kind of hoping you guys could help me out with that:)

Jared

I think that around price range you have the 7900gs vs the 1900gt which both are around 180-200.
If i remember right they are pretty much equal in performace...except the 7900gs takes less power is a bit cheaper and OC's better.

I give that round to Nvidia

Next around the price of 260 for both is the 7950gt and x1900xt
I dont remember the specs exactly but i think that the X1900xt was a bit faster but consumed more power. I also think though that the 7950gt is better for OC.
stock i think it goes to x1900xt but OC 7950gt

Then it just gets wierd with there being 7950gtx and 1900xtx then x1950xtx then the 7900gtx(2) soo its confusing

7900 only becuase they overclock better.

Or at least with my experience.

Plus nVidia works with linux.

7900 GS is a steal right now.

I think 1900 has gddr4? correct me if i'm wrong i problaly am because i don't know ati cuz they suck. But if it doesn't and your planing to OC 7900 all the way

Lord AnthraX said:
7900 only becuase they overclock better.

Or at least with my experience.

Plus nVidia works with linux.

7900 GS is a steal right now.

my voltmodded 7900gt scored the same as my x1900xt i had before that was only slightly oc'd in 3dmark05 and 06

you have to buy ati brand x1900 series if you want a good oc.. it has 1.2ns ram instead of 1.1, oc's much better

and x1950xtx pwns the 7900gtx but then gets pwnd by the 7950gx2

TheEnd187 said:
I think 1900 has gddr4? correct me if i'm wrong i problaly am because i don't know ati cuz they suck. But if it doesn't and your planing to OC 7900 all the way

i can't believe you said ati sucks... agian, how many times do i have to say, they hold alot of high records ABOVE nvidia's benchmarks.. so watch what you say

and it seems nvidia is copying their style with unified pixel shaders.. so if anything nvidia sucks for stealing!!!!:p

i've owned both nvidia high end and ati high end... and i love ati highend far more than nvidia, picture quality is better, and games just run sooooo smooth.. although i have not tried a gx2 or gtx... but from benchmarks, the x1950xtx will leave me more than happy compaired to a gtx... or gt, or even regular x1900

It's a never ending battle, Nvidia has the performance lead one month, then ATI gets it the next. It's always been like this.

KBlair said:
It's a never ending battle, Nvidia has the performance lead one month, then ATI gets it the next. It's always been like this.

and always will be.... so people need to stop saying one of the other companies sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom