Is the upgrade worth the money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millenniumtiger

In Runtime
Im going to be building a Core 2 Duo Rig and am wondering if there is a noticeable difference between the E6400 and 6600? i know there is the extra 2mb cache, but is it really that much of a difference?

In coding, encrypting, and applications its noticable. As for Gaming the increase is very minimal. If you have the money go for the E6600 since its nice, if not i suggest a E6300 since it and the E6400 are practicly exactly the same thing, only the 6400 starting stock at higher speeds. With minimal overclocking it would be just as fast as the 6400 if you wanted. It just cant reach as high of a max OC as the 6400, but unless you intend on trying to go crazy mad with it its the same thing for $40 bucks cheaper.

Sora said:
In coding, encrypting, and applications its noticable. As for Gaming the increase is very minimal. If you have the money go for the E6600 since its nice, if not i suggest a E6300 since it and the E6400 are practicly exactly the same thing, only the 6400 starting stock at higher speeds. With minimal overclocking it would be just as fast as the 6400 if you wanted. It just cant reach as high of a max OC as the 6400, but unless you intend on trying to go crazy mad with it its the same thing for $40 bucks cheaper.
yep you said it it. the only 2 core 2 duos that i would get is teh e6300 or the e6600. i would get the 6300 because of the low price and you can oc it to pretty high speeds. and i would get the 6600 because of the extra cache.

64000 cache is where the processor stores valuable info about to be processed the more the better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom