Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying that windows vista can't be pirated ?

As I know Microsoft can't detect that your OS is pirated when you disable Automatic windows update in windows XP

If I disable Automatic update in windows vista, will Microsoft be able to detect that the copy is pirated ?

Well Vista requires Activation more so than XP. Without Activation Vista will not be allowed to be used. Even in a limited capasity. It basically shuts down. It doesnt allow log in nor does it allow any file transfers or anything like that.

So M$ kinda gets you with Vista.

mikee said:
I think there's a crack to get around it now
There is a crack but that makes the opy of Vista a Eval copy since it uses teh Beta Licensing not the real license. So it wont matter cause it will expire and not be able to be used after 5/31/2007.
Juice Daddy said:
will all vista versions require activation?

what about "corperate" editions...
The Corporate Licensing still has to be activated. but they are doing it differently. All of them still need to be activated. They have a way to check each one. I just dont know how just yet. Plus the "Volume License Keys" for Vista are much more difficult to come across. It isnt like the XP days where they were out at the same time XP leaked to the net.

Office 2007 Also Has Kill Switch
Apparently Microsoft is putting the same kind of “kill switch” into Office 2007 that is reportedly being used by Vista. The kill switch limits the program’s functionality once activation has been bypassed a certain number of times.

But now Microsoft’s intentions are clear: Just as it is doing with Vista, Microsoft plans to incorporate what basically amounts to a “kill switch” into Office 2007. Office 2007 users who can’t or won’t pass activation muster within a set time period will be moved into “reduced-functionality mode,” according to Microsoft’s Knowledge Base article.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/index.php?p=111

I need help :(
Im using Vista at the moment because for some reason XP wont connect to the internet anymore. It worked fine yesterday and i havent changed any settings. The Internet only works on Vista now.

Anyone had this problem?

Thanks

Choosing The Right Vista
VIA Arena has a very good guide to choosing the right Vista for your needs. There is a handy chart that shows you which features are in the different versions of Vista and what they mean to you. This is good reading for those of you planning to upgrade to Vista.

At a glance, here is a list of features that are not in every edition of Windows Vista. If the table cell is highlighted in blue then the corresponding features are in the corresponding edition of Vista. This should be your first place to look. If there are features you need or want you'd better get the edition that has them.

http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=5&ArticleID=503

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom