Will adding RAM increase performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magouster

Daemon Poster
Hi all,

My rig's in the sig. Just wondering, if I sold the ****ty value-RAM I have in it now, and bought a decent 2GB dual-channel kit, probably Corsair or OCZ(if I can find any), would I see an increase in FPS, or would only loading times improve?

I'm thinking, for instance, that more RAM would make a difference in FS:X, and in Company of Heroes.

In FSX, the second I turn ANY Autogen Scenery on, framerate goes down the drain. And considering I don't exactly have the most out-of-date graphics card, I was expecting a bit more that 20FPS at 1280x1024 (not even with everything maxed out).

Yea get a 2GB kit. I'm not sure about framerates, but it does improve performance overall.

the biggest improvement with extra ram is it eliminates those low spikes where the game stutters for a quick second and then goes back to normal. When I RMA'd my iffy ram, I threw in the replacement stick with the original for a few minutes and my FEAR fps went up from 65 to 71 avg....but 40 to 53 min. and it didnt really stutter hard at any point.

Awesome, thanks for the replies so far.

Kind of hijacking my own thread, but I notice most people on DFI Street use OCZ or G.Skill RAM. Now I know the Lanparty UT Ultra-D is picky about RAM, and was wondering whether I'd be okay with Corsair XMS RAM, since the other DDR400s are either too expensive, or impossible to find. Perhaps a link to supported memory chips in DFI mobos. Thanks!

Wow, a Hijack of a hijack. Too many different settings to describe, but Aircraft settings maxed out, Terrain at about 50% max, autogen completely off, weather maxed, no AA, little AF, I get about 20FPS at 1280x1024. It looks good, and plays OK.

Back on topic please..........

usualy more ram will improve performance Dominator is beter than value select(i think you know what i'm talking about).hmmm... yu might have bad ram or VC or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom