help black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiram

Solid State Member
just wondering i had put a forum about my computer when you turn it on everything turns on but the monitor i have a black screen, well i had to give it one more try to getting it to work , well i took it apart and put it to gether aging and guess what it worked heres the kicker only for about a 1.5 after that sma problem so please help me someone i have a new hd,gc,and ram stick

Do you have the correct drivers for your GC? How about your PSU? Is it enough for your system? Have you tested the montior on another system? Is the computer shutting down or just a black screen? Are your fans running? Are you using a surge suppressor? If so, is it working correctly?

Is this a new build?

You have the graphic card pluged into the power supply?
it needs to be if its a decent card.

What is the size of your power supply?
It could be underpowered.

Your new harddrive..
Is it sata or IDE.

You need to be more specific on what it doing exactly..
any beeps at boot?

you try another monitor?

Did you install the motherboard yourself?

What are the computer specs?

the inite sytem is stock it is a old stytem it's a compaq deskpor en
i did try different monitors and nothing what it does is the little standby light on the monitor turns green for about a sec then gos orange again (this is when i first power it up)
i cant see bios or nothing like that i did no a reset to my bios to see if that helped but nothing

o yeah the power supply is at 115 and the card is a 3g force card comp is nothing fancy so i never changed it i only use it for surfing web

I would say
1.The Cmos battery is going dead.
2. The power supply is going bad or is under powered.

were can i get onother cmos battery i know its a 3v but its not a little thin one like the ones i see at the store its a bit fat almost looks like its two batterys combined

k ty ill give that a try and update you guys to let you know what happend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom