disapearing files...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teufel

Baseband Member
i have the same pc for quite a while now.never had problems.....until mu youngest son was having fun pressing the OFF button.
after one shot windows would not start and i had to use the wondows xp cd to fix it.
after starting it,i notice that a lot of stock from one of my hard drive had lost material(i have a 30gig partition in 2 for system and some mp3 and one 250gig for storage of things)
i had only about 20gig free on my 250gig.after fixing windows it had 189 gig free.plus it now reads at 232gig instead of 250 like before.i lost all my xbox games back up,some dvd back up and all my music videos as a lot of music.
and since then,somtimes when i start my pc,some files are erased again.i lost like 60gig of stuff again last night.a lots of family picture as whell of lots of things again.
plus when i restart the pc,it somtimes does not show my 2 cd player and sound card and say that my partition D: is not formated or has incorect parameter.i let it be and after it restart everithing is good.
what the **** is wrong.what happens with my files???:angry:

Doing hard boots like that can cause file corruption. Especially if he was going off,on, off, on repeatedly. Windows doesn't like that. Did you do a repair install when you said you had to use the CD to fix?

yes i did a repair install.but since then i keep my kid away and only use the function restart or turn off from windows.but i keep loosing files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom