akasixcon

This is sparta!
Facts

- Okay so I have two drives , C and D
- I installed Windows on D.
- Windows is still on drive c.
- I deleted everything on C.

Problem

- Everytime I restart my computer a black screen appears on which windows to boot to.

Solution
-I need to know how to get rid of the problem so everytime I restart it goes automatically to load up windows.

p.s. will installing another operating system, such as Ubuntu Linux, on Drive C clear it out? I was planning to install Linux anyway.

start run, type msconfig. check the boot.ini tab, then check all boot path. it will ask to remove the non valid one

of type c:\boot.ini into "run" this will allow you to edit the actually boot file,

Be WARNED, you could completly screw up your windows installs if you eidt this file wrongly

Don't even mess with that Windows stuff, if you install Ubuntu it will overwrite that anyway, and install another boot loader (GRUB). It will detect your Windows installation on ... "drive d" ... and once installed, you'll get a menu on start up to choose which OS to boot to.

EricB said:
start run, type msconfig. check the boot.ini tab, then check all boot path. it will ask to remove the non valid one

this is by far the fastest and safest way to do this

if it doesn't work, try booting to "recovery console" from and XP install disk, then type fixmbr and press [enter], and reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom