New here and need some help on a few things

Status
Not open for further replies.

kool_ranger

Beta member
Hey everyone, i finally bought myself a newer system then my old k6 450 ;) I use to be into computers 3 years back but a teenager with no money = no good computer... now i am 23 with money and i finally jumped on a good deal from a buddy and got a newer pc...cost 150 bucks

It has a shuttle an65 ultra mobo
amd 2600+ running at 1.92ghz
1gb of pc3200 ram
asus geforce 6200 with 256mb ram
a small 20gig hard drive
520w power supply
3 80mm case fans
LG cd burner along with a benq dvd burner

Well i wanted to look into upgrading the video card, what do you recommend to get more out of games??

Also i had questions to ask about the bios, in the bios i change the fsb and all there are also settings for like cpu settings and there is optimal, agressive and expert, now do going from optimal to agressive do anything? Same for the ram, does it make a difference going from optimal to agressive?

MY old pc never had these bios options and been out of the loop for ages so, if anyone can offer me some help on my bios, vid card upgrades and maybe overclocking my cpu, it will all be much appreciated...
:D

you can get a 6600 for gaming. if you're on a budget. are you using AGP?

Yes, i am using agp.... I was thinking about overlocking the board but it seems not to wanna go any higher really then it is now...

It's an asus 6200 geforce with a stock heatsink....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom