Video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drksi99

Beta member
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and I really need your help with an issue im having....I recently reformatted my computer and then re-installed winXP professional....after installing all drivers (from my recovery CD that came with the computer) I am having trouble installing my monitor driver. I read up and it seems I need to install my video card driver first....now I've installed everything on the recovery CD and I assume the video card driver is a seperate CD...however I do not recall having one nor am I able to find it. I know that my video card is from ATI.....is there a way to find out the model # or anything relevant that I may go on ATI's website and find the driver for my card?

Please help....

thanks!

your monitor wont have a driver you just need the ATI one from here:

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

oh and welcome to tech-forums where your dreams become reality....

also to find out your graphics card hold the windows key and press pause/break.

then go to hardware and then device manager.

in the list click the + next to display adaptors or something and it`ll say what your card is ATI radeon etc with a number

baronvongogo said:
your monitor wont have a driver you just need the ATI one from here:

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

oh and welcome to tech-forums where your dreams become reality....

also to find out your graphics card hold the windows key and press pause/break.

then go to hardware and then device manager.

in the list click the + next to display adaptors or something and it`ll say what your card is ATI radeon etc with a number

thank you for the reply however since my video card has not been installed (using drivers) windows XP does not recognize it right? that is why it's not appearing under adapters....

Can I take a look at the physical video card and determine my model # from there? Would it be listed somewhere on the actual video card itself?

If you have a video card in the slot then it would be recognized by XP.
Start,control panel,system,hardware,device manager,display adapters. It may not be yellow because XP has installed a generic driver for it.

1. Select "Start"
2. Choose "Run."
3. Type "dxdiag" in the box and click "OK."
4. Click "Yes" to the prompt, and the program will begin running.
5. Select the "Display" tab and the Name listed under the "Device" section is the name of your graphics card.

its not integrated

i will try the DXDIAG....I must have DirectX installed though right?

any version is fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom