I'm lost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrugFreeMan

Solid State Member
Alright so i was playing some BF2142 the other day and right when my game ended my computer "went to sleep" which basically means that it went into what i can only describe as sleep mode and i can't get it to wake up. It's not sending a signal to my monitor anymore and i can't get my cd-rom drive to open. When turned on the computer gives me no boot messages or errors.

I have done some hardware process of elimination and have come up with nothing.
-Replaced Harddrive with no change
-Replaced Video Card(no change)
-Tried diff monitor(no change)

Is there any way to check my motherboard and processor? Or should i even bother with trying?

so it wont even boot up now? no BIOS loading screen?

next bet is to try moving your ram around different DIMM slots then try replacing the ram.

Does your pc have any power lights come on? could also try different power cables.

unfortunately the only way to test the mobo or processor in this case is to replace them.

I would unplug everything and see if the BIOS screen appears if it still doesn't then sadly it could be the mobo or CPU that's died.

Yeah there is no bios loading screen or anything, i tried moving my ram around and taking out 1 stick at a time and there was no change, and all of my fans stuff seem to be working fine if that rules out the power supply..

like i said it still could be bad power supply or need to replace the bios battery. or what the other post said as well but start simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom