Soundcard&front Audio Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

j12

Daemon Poster
i have a creative soundblaster live 24bit. and after in put that card into my computer the front audio ports no longer work. i did not disable the onboard sound, is that the problem. or are there ports on my sound card that i should plug my audio headers into.

Are the cables plugged into the sound card? If they're still plugged into the motherboard, and you disabled onboard sound, that may be the problem. :p

Edit: I just saw your edit.
Anyway, try disabling onboard sound.

Edit 2: GAH QUIT EDITING! :p
The card should have some ports to plug in for front panel functionality.

do i still try to plug the headers into the sound card. if there is any place to plug my audio headers into? and even with the motherboard sound enabled i cant hear anything from the motherboard audio port.

sorry, i'll stop editing my posts lol. btw i just edited my last post. :p

i have a Soundblaster live 24bit.

there is the picture of my exact card.
i already used the #5 for the cd rom audio thing. and i do not know what the #6 port is for? i was thinking optional io panels for 5.25 in bays. or is the #6 port for audio headers, because it does not say in the manual.

i have a Soundblaster live 24bit.
card-big.jpg

there is the picture of my exact card.
i already used the #5 for the cd rom audio thing. and i do not know what the #6 port is for? i was thinking optional io panels for 5.25 in bays. or is the #6 port for audio headers, because it does not say in the manual.

Sorry, i accidentily posted twice. if you can. mods can you delete the post without the picture. thx :(

I can't find a manual anywhere, but I'm pretty sure #6 is where everything gets plugged in. (If it has a pin layout, of course)

#6 should be it, can't you just look at the plug and tell? Don't mean to sound rude, but it should be obvious :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom