Q about placement of case

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneTone

Baseband Member
My parts are coming on wednesday and I'm just wondering if my computer will overheat and cause damage if i placed it in front of a heater.

why would you place your computer in front of a heater????

and i would think it would get a bit hot.... no doubt actually.. fans sucking in hot air from heater.. its going to get hot

just don't place it next to a heater! I would move it and if your limited on space. just redecorate your room

well heres a bad attempt at drawing it lol.
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1631/picry6.png
Basically that square in the middle is the area beneath the table/desk. My options are to put it put front of the surge protector, which is about a little more than a feet away from the heater OR on top of the desk next to the monitor. But the problem with putting it next to the monitor is that I've noticed when i use to put a small fan to the right of the monitor during the summer,a small portion on the right side of the screen would create a small little ripple effect or waves that go down the screen, hard to describe it. Not sure if that would happen If I put the case next to the monitor.

My room has the exact same setup. My desk is over my heater and I thought about putting my computer next to it but then opted to put it on my desk instead. During the winter I suggest that you put it on your desk cause your heater will probably be on allot. During the summer you can move it, thats what I do.

ToneTone said:
well heres a bad attempt at drawing it lol.
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1631/picry6.png
Basically that square in the middle is the area beneath the table/desk. My options are to put it put front of the surge protector, which is about a little more than a feet away from the heater OR on top of the desk next to the monitor. But the problem with putting it next to the monitor is that I've noticed when i use to put a small fan to the right of the monitor during the summer,a small portion on the right side of the screen would create a small little ripple effect or waves that go down the screen, hard to describe it. Not sure if that would happen If I put the case next to the monitor.

I know what you're talking about with the "ripple" and it shouldnt do that. Even in the rare case that it did, I would still opt for the ripple effect than ever putting a computer by a heater. It's like playing with $100 bills right next to an open flame, just not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom