Headphones for PC Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
Could someone please tell me if I can get a good set of gaming headphones for around $50?

If not , what be be the best set for
the most bang for the buck, if you know what I mean?

Thanks for any help.

i got the plantronics gamecom1 about 2 months ago and im loving them. The only reason why its only $22 is its not noise canceling, but if your by yourself in your room most of the time then there's no point in noise cancelling.

If you don't have a 3.5mm(which i would be suprised if you didn't), here is the plantronics gamecompro usb . Its more expensive cause of the usb connection, but its the same as the 3.5mm gamecom.

I had a logitech before and they hurt my ears and the mic sucked, but the plantronics don't hurt my ears even after 6 hr of BF2 :p . And the mic decent enough for viop.

If you don't have a 3.5mm(which i would be suprised if you didn't), here is the plantronics gamecompro usb . Its more expensive cause of the usb connection, but its the same as the 3.5mm gamecom.

Or you could go to radio-shack and ask for a 1/4" stereo phone plug to 1/8" stereo phone plug adapter.

darkop16 said:
???....nah i was just saying cause some ppl prefer usb.

ah yeah, probably a good idea, its ultimately a more robust physical connection. Not as compatible with other stuff though.

oh i get it now....were you refering to stereo head phones with an adapter? That might actually be the way to go for comfort. And you could just get a seperate mic. I never thought of that...i prefer big bulky headsets but i haven't had much luck, though the plnatronics are doing a pretty good job.

Cdub89 said:
3.5mm is that the little holes that look like headphone jacks??

yeah, I thought it was the other one...and I deal with the metric system considerably more than most Americans :(

the Razer Barracuda HP-1 Gaming Headphones is one of the best gaming headphones out there, apart from it's price of $119 and low bass it is the best on the market for a hardcore gamer.

Thanks for your advice. I am still doing some research on all these different headsets, and I must say that there are quite a few different kinds.

I have come across Sennheiser doing some research....anybody have any hands on experience with these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom