video card goes blank

Status
Not open for further replies.

quest1on

In Runtime
okay well here is my problem when i play games after a while of playing probably 30 mins of playing my screen goes blank and my monitor goes on standby.
can someoen help me solve this plz or if the video card is getting to HOTT? i have a 9200SE AGP no fan LOLthanks

Probably over heating,My 9200se used to do crap like that all the time,I finally took off the heatsink and put a thin layer of AS5 then after that i screwed a 40mm fan to it :D It helped a bit but only to the point where it took an extra 5 minute's to shut off :p

Take a house fan open the case blow into the cas on high during game play. If it helps the its heat.

Try streamlining your case if it heat by tucking away all the wires using zip ties. remember you must have the same amount of air coming in as going out. usally a decent size fan in the front of the case and the exact same size blowing out the back. (with the usual cpu/gpu fan)

Here are to good links on airflow threw a case. please take time and read all.

Cooling your Computer

Keeping Your Computer's Case Cool

alright thanks ill try and put a fan in my computer but how do i know if my motherboard will have that extra plug for an extra fan?? or something im not sure i dont know much about adding afan in my computer..
and here is my other question if i do install a fan i only got a 300watt powersupply u think my computer will fry if i add more things to it?

quest1on said:
alright thanks ill try and put a fan in my computer but how do i know if my motherboard will have that extra plug for an extra fan?? or something im not sure i dont know much about adding afan in my computer..
and here is my other question if i do install a fan i only got a 300watt powersupply u think my computer will fry if i add more things to it?

Try the house fan ideal I posted before you run out and buy a new case fan..

Just open the case, use a house fan on high blowing into the case during gameplay. if it helps then we know its a heat issue.

lol yea i would try it but i dont wanan keep doing that... it would get anoying and sorta not want to make me play games LOL id rather just go out and buy a fan. but ur idea is good ive seen soemoen do taht before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom