What are BOIS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BIOS is your Basic Input Output System. It keeps basic instructions for hardware.

To enter the BIOS you have to press a key on post. Usually F1, F2, F10, ESC, or DEL, and this strongly depends on the manufactoror.

BIOS updates can be obtained through the manufactors site.

i GUES THERE ARE pNp AND nonPnP Bios , If you are using anysystem before 1999 chances are non PnP . Bios deals with all the hardware in your system. Most importantly CPU,video card and memory if your POST fsil to recognise chances are your computer will not boot. It's all in BIOS

BIOS is the software inside the CMOS chip.

can you tell me how to update bios? because my bios is lack of many function like check temperature.
And the manufactors site also no my board and bios data...so i cannot updates...:angry:

my board model is Intel[R] D850GB and bios version is P14(GB85010A)...:rolleyes:

NanoWarrior said:
hmmm, why would you ever need to update your bios?

Why do you think they make it flashable? It's usually done for the purposes of supporting a new hardware or for upgrading. If you install a bigger hard drive versus the old one, some older BIOSes need to be flashed to support the newer one.

i need to upgrade my bios because it lack of many many....function,.....do u know how to update the bios??

i got the new bios data already, and save in diskette then i put in my A drive, after that i restart my computer, then it will auto go in my diskette but the monitor screen to be black and the CPU sounded (beeb....beeb....beeb) cannot stop.... until my restart my computer.
So do everybody can tech me how do upgrade bios???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom