A Gaming Laptop/Desktop Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurdaX

In Runtime
Hey I wondering why isn't a laptop good for gaming purpose, could you please explain to me please. Cause I am planning on getting a gaming laptop/desktop replacement sometime next year summer on account that I don't have all the money now to get one now, my price range is between $1800-$1900. The reason why I want to get a gaming laptop/desktop replacement is on the account that my family is not very open minded when it come to computer games, and if I got a gaming PC it would only end up in our library and I would be monitored when using it. While on the other hand if I had a gaming laptop/ desktop replacement that can run all the latest games when they come out, then I could just game in the privacy of my room without my parents knowing. So please give me your opinion on this please. And then when I have finally acquired all the money maybe you guys could help me decide on what to get.

There are gaming laptops out there, although you'll pay more for them than you will a desktop. The reason is that laptops are so small, and it's not easy to fit all those components into that small space. I would suggest looking into alienware or ibuypower computers.

Get a Dell. Customize their base Inspiron E1705 laptop to your needs. It came out to under $1850 with the following upgrades;

* 2.0Ghz Intel Core™ 2 Duo T7200
* 17" UltraSharp™ Wide Screen UXGA Display
* 2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz
* 80GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
* 8x CD/DVD burner
* 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7900 GS

Justifications;

Processor - That'll let your laptop handle pretty much anything you can throw at it, especially non-gaming apps. Dual Core.

Display - A pricey upgrade, but that choice will give your screen resolution of 1600x1200 (UXGA), higher than most desktop LCD monitors. On a 17", that'll look sweet.

Memory - 2GB for gaming, shouldn't be any argument there. Be careful you don't pick the DDR2-667. While it IS faster, its a bit unnecessary as you probably won't notice the difference.

Hard Drive - Hope 80GB isn't too small for you. The 7200RPM is the crucial thing here, anything that spins slower will feel sluggish. I think there's a 100GB upgrade possible also.

Optical Drive - Thought you'd like to be able to burn DVDs.

Videocard - This is the most important thing here, since this is what will make it a gaming computer. A 7900GS, even the mobile version, is a very nice card. While the price may seem high, beggars can't be choosers when it comes to gaming laptops. If you want anything better than this, you'll probably have to pay more too. Personally, I'd love to have this.

Summary; This is a big laptop. At 17 inches, it's quite big. 17" is the size of my monitor. It truly is a Desktop Replacement. You could use this as your main computer. I think it turned out quite well actually, as far as laptops go. I wouldn't mind having one of these myself. :D

I am not really a big fan of Dell's and LG laptops so could you recommend something else like HP, Toshiba and Compaq. Not to sound ungrateful or anything but there is a reason why Dell has a great customer service, due to the fact that they aren't that reliable I have heard of this from both my friends and family members. That their Dell's started to give them trouble after 3 months and warn me not to get one the same goes for LG. Would really appreciate any other opinions please.

get a desktop and put it in your room. I dont see why your parents would let you have a laptop in your room, but not a desktop?? That would be pointless.

Dude cause I can keep a laptop in my room thats what they said, but not a desktop. Trust me I have thought about every single angle there is so please just work with me and help me out please man. I need a Laptop/Desktop Replacement.

Dell makes some of the best laptops man. I've helped 3 people get Dell laptops in the last 3 months and they all love them. I don't know what problems your family had with them, but they're regarded as some of the better laptops out there. Its funny that you're talking about them being unreliable, since even Dell's desktops are reliable. They're pieces of crap, but they're reliable pieces of crap. Since you can't build your own laptop, you have to go with a pre-built. And it doesn't get much better than what I outlined up there.

Understand that you're already on a short line when asking for a Gaming Laptop. Take what you can, there isn't much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom