OCing GPU not really showing improvement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's unstable causing lower scores. Or it could be your ram divider. Do you use a ram divider for 2.3GHz?

I don't know if theres an option for that. All I see is CPU Frequency, PCIE Clock, K8 CPU Clock Ratio, and Robust Graphics Booster in the Frequency/Voltage Control...in the BIOS. All I did was put the FSB from 200 to 210.

Hmmm, the only other thing I can see is the power supply is just strong enough at stock speeds, but anymore it can't handle. It's only a 400W.

Well use Everest Home edition to check the voltage at 2.3GHz to make sure they're not totally out of whack.

so you're getting a VF900?

well, I'd about guarantee you'll be able to clock higher with it. the stock cooler is pretty weak (it's the same cooler that's on the reference 7900 GT's)

also, from my experience, coolbits is unstable compared to ATI Tool.

what drivers are you using? I'd try an 8X.XX driver (I'm using a tweaked 84.66 driver on my 7900)
I'm not certain, but ATI tool might work with a lower driver version (plus, I don't like the 9X.XX drivers anyway)

reggie_da_man said:
Hmmm, the only other thing I can see is the power supply is just strong enough at stock speeds, but anymore it can't handle. It's only a 400W.

Well use Everest Home edition to check the voltage at 2.3GHz to make sure they're not totally out of whack.

Sorry can you explain that a little more.

Here are the temps and voltages Everest is reporting while idle. All stock coolers:
untitled.jpg

apokalipse said:
so you're getting a VF900?

well, I'd about guarantee you'll be able to clock higher with it. the stock cooler is pretty weak (it's the same cooler that's on the reference 7900 GT's)

also, from my experience, coolbits is unstable compared to ATI Tool.

what drivers are you using? I'd try an 8X.XX driver (I'm using a tweaked 84.66 driver on my 7900)
I'm not certain, but ATI tool might work with a lower driver version (plus, I don't like the 9X.XX drivers anyway)

I'm using the latest drivers 93.71, because I always thought you should have the latest drivers installed....guess not. I'll be checking out ATI Tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom