CPU Broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbc

Baseband Member
Hi,
Just wondering if there is any way to check if there is anything wrong with CPU. I have an AMD 1800+

Thanks in advance!

if you dont see any cracks , no bent prongs , physiclly it would be ok . But to really be sure you ll have to test it on a board

There are no physical damages, just when I try to drag windows, sometimes it will lag, which never happened before I changed my mobo!
I suspect it was RAM problem, hwoever, when I run the memtest, the result came out good!
Another note is that the CPU temp. is much higher than my first mobo which was GA-7vaxp (26 C) but with my asus a7n8x deluxe (45 C) is this normal?

Thats a fairly low and a bit outdated CPU and I believe that may be highest board ASUS makes for AMD CPUs right now. Could be that the lag caused is because your CPU too crappy for motherboard. Remember, your whole system should be running all in sync, to put it, if one part is slow, basically that will slow all comp down overall. So having one fast part won't really speed up everything. But as far as an exact diagnostic goes, can't really help you out man. :(

I see, I am not trying to get faster actually, just that sometimes, when I check files in "window explorer" it will sometimes shows an error message saying error in drive D:, but than I was just using the files in that drive 1 second ago! I am sure it is not my HD becase I have test the drive on other computer which works fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom