The World's Most High Tech Urinal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meithan

Daemon Poster
Posted on Slashdot:

In an effort to handle its nighttime public urination problem, Victoria, the capital of British Columbia, is considering installing high-tech urinals that disappear below street level during the day. Then at night, an operator comes by with a remote and the Urilift hydraulically lifts to sidewalk level in about two minutes. Then the unit is ready to serve all the nighttime party animals who don't mind peeing in a very exposed public urinal. The $75,000 system has been installed across the Netherlands, and have spread to London and Belfast, but Victoria will be the first North American city to try them out.

The World's Most High Tech Urinal

what a waist of money!
who ever invented this must be ****ed in the head, who would want to specifically go there just to p***?

LOL! Umm, so this is only for men?? And wouldn't you be committing "indecent exposure" when using one? Stupidest idea ever. And I bet at night there would be some drunk who would come by and take a sh!t in it to **** people off ! :D

If only they just put in more public toilets in area, they would not need to spend $750000 on this.

Besides, when you are normally that drunk, you normally don't care where you p!ss.

I've seen the ones they have here in seattle. But like the thing says, those are just enclosed environments, so those are really abused.

Personally, I'd use one of those outside toilets :D There's been a few times I've been drunk with friends walking home that I coulda used it, and considering how drunk we were, we would have been laughing at the fact that we could pee in there freely.

That's pretty deluxe the way it works, and it looks so sleek!

I'm sure it would be a good idea, but late at night, they would be so freaking gross from people who just can't aim.

i think that's a wonderful idea. i urinate like every 10 minutes when i'm drinking heavily so i often have to while i'm traversing between bars or clubs. i would use one, without a doubt. i've use trees and bushes too many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom